How to get here
Sensational villages and towns are located close by, making the region an ideal base from which to explore Central Victoria, and of course the Grandaddy of the Gold rush, Bendigo is just up the road.
Where to stay?
There’s a wide range of accommodation available to suit every budget and taste, from boutique bijou to caravan parks with a view. A full range of options can be found on the Castlemaine-Maldon visitors website.
What else to do?
Castlemaine is also the perfect base from which to explore central Victoria.. While you are visiting for the festival:
- Have a picnic in our delightful Botanic Gardens (with its super playground.)
- Discover Dog Rocks, in the Mount Alexander Regional Park
- Amble down our historic streets and treat yourself (and the kids) to something yummy in one of our many child-friendly cafes
- Find a Bunny, Preston or Tucker at our Art Gallery and Museum
- Enjoy a bike ride, walk, or fossick on one of the many tracks in the surrounding parks and forests.
- Take a tour of Buda, one of our beautiful venues
For more information see the Castlemaine-Maldon visitors website.
Free parking is available at all venues.